We are excited to invite you back into the hospital for veterinarian appointments beginning July 6th. Please read the following details carefully because some services will remain curbside and there are guidelines for entering the hospital.
Appointments (well and sick visits)
You will be asked the following telephone screening questions when you call to book an appointment:
- Are you currently experiencing, or recently experienced (in the last 48 hours), any new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you had close contact (being within six feet for at least 10 minutes over a 24-hour period) or proximate contact (as determined by health authorities) in the past 10 days with any person confirmed by diagnostic test, or suspected based on symptoms, to have COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive through a diagnostic test for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Are you fully vaccinated? (You may choose not to answer this question and opt for a curbside appointment.)
- If you answer “yes” to # 1, 2, or 3, please arrange for someone outside of your household to bring your pet to RAH for their appointment.
Fully vaccinated pet owners (choice of in-office or curbside)
- Fully vaccinated pet owners may choose to schedule an in-office appointment or a curbside appointment.
- Face coverings/masks must be worn at all times while inside the hospital (see RAH Face Covering/mask Policy below to understand why).
- When you arrive at RAH, please park and come directly into the reception room through the front door. (Please do not enter the reception room more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.)
- One pet owner may accompany their pet(s) into the hospital for their appointment.
- Socially distance while in the reception area and remain seated while veterinary staff is present in the exam room.
Pet owners that are not fully vaccinated (curbside only)
- Pet owners that are not fully vaccinated will be offered curbside appointments only.
- Please wear a mask while interacting with RAH staff outside the hospital and socially distance when possible.
- When you arrive in your car, please park and call or text 876-6008 to check in.
- Please remove your pet from your car for the RAH team member when they approach. The team member will document your questions for the veterinarian and will carefully guide your pet into the hospital.
- The veterinarian will examine your pet in the hospital and will call you to discuss the treatment plan. Please keep your cell phone nearby.
- The team member will return your pet to you with any medications. They will review the services that were performed and will take payment at that time.
We are asking all unvaccinated pet owners to utilize curbside appointments.
The following services will continue to operate curbside. When you arrive in your car, please park and call or text 876-6008 check in.
- Out-patient procedures (technician appointments)
- Boarding check-in and check-out
- Baths and grooming
- Surgical & dental admissions
- Prescriptions/medication and diet pickup – please pre-pay for these items and pick them up from the self-service cabinets located on the sidewalk in front of the hospital. Please call or text 876-6008 if you do not see your pet’s medication or diet labeled with your name. We will bring it outside to you.
Rhinebeck Animal Hospital Face Covering/Mask Policy
Face coverings/masks are required in all public areas of the hospital. Please read the following to understand why face coverings are required.
- Rhinebeck Animal Hospital is not asking pet owners for proof of vaccination
- Human healthcare facilities are one of the exceptions to the new, relaxed CDC mask guidelines. As a medical facility, we are following our human healthcare colleagues’ lead.
- Our hospital’s work environment has many tight, shared spaces that may not allow for social distancing.
- We are taking steps to address the safety needs of everyone on our premises, including those who may not be vaccinated, cannot be vaccinated, or may have medical conditions that increase their risk for contracting COVID-19.
- If a mask cannot be worn due to medical reasons, pet owner will be offered a curbside appointment instead of an in-office appointment.
Thank you for your continued patience, support, and trust. Please feel free to email [email protected] or call us at (845) 876-6008 with any questions you may have. We are very much looking forward to seeing you in-person soon.
Greg Tumolo, DVM