In our continued effort to prioritize staff, client, and community safety, the following modifications will remain in effect. These modifications have enabled us to prioritize the treatment of sick patients in need of urgent care over less urgent requests.
- Hospital hours are 8:00 am-6:00 pm Monday through Friday and 8:00 am-4:00 pm on Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Annual wellness exams, boarding, and bathing will be scheduled after June 1st. This date may change based on when the Mid-Hudson Region meets the governor’s criteria for reopening.
- During the scheduling process, a Client Care Representative will ask all clients for the make, model and color of the car they will be taking to the appointment to help facilitate an efficient check-in. Additionally, they will ask for a phone number at which you may be reached during the appointment.
Appointment Check In
- We will ask clients with scheduled appointments to wait in their vehicles when they arrive in the parking lot. A Client Care Representative may be stationed in the parking lot to check you in when you arrive.
- If there is no Client Care Representative in the parking lot, then one will call you within 1 to 2 minutes of arrival to check you in. If this does not happen, please call the office at 845-867-2324 or 876-6008 to initiate check-in.
- After checking in, a vet assistant or licensed technician will come to your car to retrieve your pet. Your pet will be taken into the hospital for treatment and then returned to you. The doctor will call you after your appointment to review their recommendations and any medications that may be prescribed.
Medication and diet pick up
- Most medications (excluding controlled substances) will be placed in a “self-service” box near the front door. If your pet’s medication is not ready and waiting in the box, please call us and we will bring it to you. You will be given the opportunity to pay for your products and services with a credit card over the telephone.
- If you are picking up your pet's diet, please call us and we will bring it to you. You will be given the opportunity to pay for your products and services with a credit card over the telephone.
Other important details
- Clients are required to wear a face covering while interacting within 6 feet of RAH staff. For example, a face covering must be worn when handing your pet to our staff member and again when receiving your pet.
- Please maintain six feet of distance from our staff when speaking with them.
- If you have symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, or have reason to believe that you have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you call ahead of your pet’s appointment to notify us. This will enable us to take the necessary precautions such as providing pet care by telephone or rescheduling your appointment. For everyone’s safety, it is critical that individuals exposed or potentially exposed to COVID-19 not enter the property.
- To help stay well, continue to practice social distancing, thorough hand washing, and follow the CDC’s recommendations. Depending on staff availability, a telephone recording may answer the telephone and will provide you with options to speak with a team member, or it will ask you to leave a message so that we can return your call.
Thank you for your continued patience, support, and trust through this difficult time. We are very much looking forward to seeing you in person soon. Please understand that we have implemented these items for everyone’s safety and in cooperation with the local and state authorities. Please feel free to reach out to us by email at [email protected] or by telephone at (845) 876-6008 with any questions you may have.
Greg Tumolo, DVM